||``Once upon a time, in days of yore, when the Web was young and Mosaic
was greatest among all browsers, there sprang from the depth of the
new-found World Wide Web. . .''
The World Wide Walrus
It all began on a balmy night in the middle of August 1993 when The
World Wide Walrus came to life, having coded with frantic speed and
the might of rapid fingers a set of web pages that were immediately
uploaded to the newly launched web server at the University of Maryland,
College Park hours before the server was officially up. And so, the
World Wide Walrus had the unacknowledged honour to have had the first
web pages on the WAM (Workstations At Maryland) system. Ooooh! Ahhhh!
If curiosity about their movement consumes you, you should know that
these pages used to reside on wam.umd.edu, then moved to uga.umd.edu,
then to ringlord.com.
Since those early days of innocence the World Wide Walrus has ever
sought to add cool and nifty things to his collection of hobbies and
interests. You'll find out about them on these very pages. The links
below correspond to the navigation bar in the left column:
Information About Me
- Some information that you may or may not find interesting. For some
inexplicable reason you'll even find out about my shoe size!
- Simulation Racecar Driving
- My friend Uwe Schuerkamp got me started on Grand Prix Legends. Find
out what that is and why I like it so much.
- Home Brewing Beer
- I've been brewing my own beer since 1993 when a friend introduced
me to this fine hobby. I've been intoxi--- ummm, brewing ever since.
- The Amiga Computer
- The Amiga Computer is one of those computers that has inspired fanaticism
(and quite quite a bit of rabid fanaticism). The computer is more
or less dead, but is actually in the process of being redesigned
and rebuilt in the spirit of the original, if not in its
- 3d Modelling, Rendering, and Animation
- I've had an interest in this field since I bought Impulse's Turbo
Silver package and rendered my first images in 1990.
Schloß (Castle) Neuschwanstein
- Schloß (Castle) Neuschwanstein in southern Bavaria (Germany) has
fascinated me for years. I've visited the castle three times over
the years and cannot seem to get enough of it.
- Babylon 5
- Yet another Babylon 5 page. . .
well, this one has been around since the time that Babylon 5
first aired. It's never really been updated and probably should
suffer bit-rot. . .
- Stuff about
The Lord of The Rings
- I began reading The Fellowship of The Ring in 1980. The fascination
has not stopped for a day.
- An unofficial
Too Much Coffee Man page
- The sarcasm, the social commentary, the coffee. It's all there and
it's the best you can read while the next pot is brewing!
- Favourite Author:
- Gene Wolfe is the kind of author whose stories can be read again
and again. With each reading they unveil details that seem not to
have been there before. Such is the rich texture and complexity
of Gene Wolfe's stories. There is no author whose writing I enjoy
more. And then there are the actual stories themselves. Joy upon
© 1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003 Ringlord Technologies
The alteration of any part of this content by manual or automated means
(adding, removing, or in any other way altering links, text, or images)
constitutes misrepresentation of our content in violation of United
States copyright law. For more details, please see our
ownership details page for elaboration.